We're here to help:
Home Equity Options
Leverage the equity in your home for your financing needs.
Fifth Third Equity Flexline®
- Annual Percentage Rates (APRs) ranging from Prime + 0.00% (currently 8.50%) to Prime +7.90% (currently 16.40%)1
- Revolving line of credit
- No closing costs
- Interest only payments for the first 10 years1,6
- Interest may be tax deductible5
- Funds available via check, Fifth Third Equity Flexline Mastercard®, online, in person, or at an ATM
- Use the Fifth Third Equity Flexline Mastercard® to enjoy easy access to your home equity line of credit and earn rewards at the same time
- You can earn 1 Real Life Reward® point for every $3 spent on purchases2,4
- Rewards Bonus: After your first qualifying purchase, earn 5,300 Real Life Rewards® points3
- Ability to lock in your balance at a fixed rate with a fixed term for a $95 fee1
Lock In a Great Rate While Staying Flexible
Avoid potential rising interest rates. With the Fifth Third Equity Flexline® Fixed Rate Lock Option, you can enjoy the security of a fixed rate with the flexibility of a variable rate line of credit.
How It Works
- Lock in a fixed rate on all or part of your Equity Flexline balance.
- Choose your payment amount and the number of monthly payments.*
- Pay a $95 fee to lock, and unlock at any time without paying a fee. Plus, you can have up to three locks at the same time.
- As you pay down the Fixed Rate Lock, the funds become available again on your line of credit.
- Your remaining balance and available credit stay at the same variable interest rate.
Fixed Rate Locks can be applied against your line of credit for expenses such as home repairs or remodels.
Total approved line amount
Fixed Rate Lock #1, paid off over
Fixed Rate Lock #2, paid off over
Remaining line of credit available for future use at a variable rate
- How Much?
- Borrow what you can comfortably afford, not the amount you qualify for.
- Debt to Income Ratio
- Your monthly payments divided by your total income is your DTI. The lower your DTI, the more likely it is your loan will be approved.
- Credit Score & Interest Rate
- The higher your credit score, the lower your interest rate could be.
- Fixed vs. Variable Rate
- Fixed rate loan payments remain the same throughout the life of the loan. Variable rate loans are tied to a market index, so rates and payment amounts could vary over time.