Business Transition Advisory Services
A team solely dedicated on preparing business owners financially and personally for business transitions.
Helping business owners plan for and navigate transition.
While it may seem like the last box to check, preparing well in advance for your business transition optimizes your financial and business outcome. This is true whether your transition involves selling to employees, an outside buyer or passing it onto the next generation of the family. As a business owner, you owe it to yourself, your family, employees and customers to plan ahead.
Business transitions are inevitable.
77% OF PRIVATELY OWNED
have transitioned in the past five years or will transition in the next five years.
1/3 OF BUSINESS OWNERS
have done nothing to prepare for transition.
67% OF BUSINESS OWNERS
who prepare for their transition, only spend a year doing so.
Owners are often missing an advisor who can link advice from external and internal specialists, thus creating more risk.
* National Center for the Middle Market Survey
Leveraging an in-dept discovery, data gathering, analytical and educational framework, our Business Transition Advisory Team meets you where you are in the process and helps you with the personal planning process as well as the business transition.
Personal Planning Process
- Financial planning
- Planning for life after exit
- Family roles and succession
- Tax optimization
- Legacy and Estate Planning Education and Advisor Coordination
- Assess value
- Employee communication
- Improved efficiency
- Legal paperwork organization
- Financials audited
- Assess risk
At Fifth Third Private Bank, our focus is firmly centered on you.
- Your business and personal needs can be addressed by a fluid and coordinated approach among our teammates.
- Your personal goals define the transition objectives, and we provide you with analysis on how your choices align.
- Our team works together with you and your outside advisors to gather information and coordinate processes.
- Our integrated approach seeks to guide and facilitate the implementation of our recommendations.
Meet the Team
Senior Vice President,
Strategic Client Development
Frieda leads the Business Transition Advisory Team and uses a holistic One Bank advisory approach to optimize business owners’ personal and financial readiness when considering a transition.
- Frieda has more than 20 years of experience working with business owners contemplating a transition
- Areas of expertise include: wealth and practice management consulting, portfolio management, client service and business development
Business Transition Advisor
Morgan serves as Director and Business Transition Advisor and is dedicated to working with business owners and their families to design and execute all personal wealth planning needs associated with a business transition.
- Morgan has extensive experience providing comprehensive wealth planning solutions to individuals, families, business owners, and complexity due to success, wealth accumulation, and inheritance
- Area of expertise include: family legacy planning through estate and trust planning, tax optimization, family governance, philanthropy and generational wealth management